Are you living with Arthritis? Physiotherapy can help!
Physiotherapists play important roles in the overall management of arthritis.
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at:
- reducing pain
- improving movement
- strengthening muscle power
- improving function and assisting with independence
Pain relief methods:
- Thermal (heat treatments)
- Electrical treatments (electrotherapy)
- Physical treatments – exercise, manual therapy and hydrotherapy
Exercise: A balanced programme of rest and exercise, and careful attention to joint posture is essential for joint health.
Manual therapy: Mobilisation and manipulation techniques are specific passive movements applied to joints and soft tissues to help restore full movement to a joint that is painful and restricted.
Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy (pool therapy) is a very useful means of exercising arthritic joints using the buoyancy of water to assist / resist movement.
Our Physiotherapists can assist with advice, treatment, rehabilitation and exercise programmes.